Wednesday, July 3, 2013

She's Arrived At the MTC in Mexico MTC


This is Kaela's dad, posting her first letter. I hope I am doing this right. I guess I'll find out. We're ecstatic Kaela has made it there safely and she sounds so happy. I may elaborate at times after I get the hang of this, but for now here it is:
 

I have safely arrived to the Mexico MTC!!! Both flights were long and treacherous, but I survived. Mom, on the flight to Atlanta I sat next to a man who teaches English 1010 and 2010 at UVU. He is adjunct, so he didn´t know you, but I told him your name, so try to find him once school starts. There are no coincidences, so find him and tell him about the church. I talked to him a little bit about it but he seemed skeptical about religion. Anyways, I think his name is ***, but I´m not totally sure.

 

I am so happy now. I thought I would be crying all day but I feel really great. I finally got my tag so I´m feeling pretty official. I met up with a few other girls going to Ecuador, and we´re all going to Quito, which is way cool. We all get along super well, so I really hope we´re all in the same district. We´re in the same house, so that will be super fun.

 

When we got to the Mexico airport, we were informed that we´re the first Americans to ever use this MTC, which I guess is a pretty big deal because there were people from the Liahona taking pictures and stuff. So if you get your hands on a Liahona, look for pictures of a big group of missionaries, and I´m totally in it, which I guess makes me famous or something. NBD.

 

The MTC here is super cool. I live in a house with 6 other sisters, and we´re all going to Quito, except for one sister going to Phoenix. I´m in a room with one other girl, and there is another bunkbed so I think that we´re going to get some more roommates soon, but for now it´s just me and her. Her name is Hermana ***   and she´s the one I knew from Facebook, so we have a lot in common and I hope we are companions because she is super cool. Our room is really nice though. There is a lot of room, we each get our own closet, and each room has an individual bathroom, so that is a tender mercy. I was fearing having to battle 50 other girls for a shower like in Provo.

 

Honestly, Mexico is way cool. The bus ride from the airport to the MTC was just crazy because Mexico city is gigantic and a little bit scary in that it sort of has a ghetto feel. Imagine Portland, but with lots of colorful, sort of ghetto looking buildings. Ghetto not in a bad way. I don´t know how to describe it, but we´ve been to Mexico, you know what I mean. Anyways, the MTC is like the exact opposite. It is so well taken care of, everything is so nice looking, lots of big gates, it´s great. It feels way safe and comfortable, and seeing all the Church stuff here is really comforting too.

 

I´m not sure if my email was supposed to be this long, so I´ll wrap it up. I hope I get to email you guys again soon, I miss you so much but I am really looking forward to the next 6 weeks.

 

Lots and lots of love,

Hermana Carter

 

Mission tweets:

Home is behind you, Sister Carter. The world is ahead.

 

This airplane is playing How I Met Your Mother. #mustresist #missionaryprobs

No comments:

Post a Comment